Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
JeremyAmster's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 13th, 2018 2:16 AM

Fix our slow Internet!!?? NOW!!!

We are paying for 6mbs down. Which is way slower than the rest of our area even my neighbor has faster speeds than us. That speed is way too slow!!! But now with in the last week without out notice, you slowed our speeds to 1.5 mbs.  That is borderline criminal.  We are sick and tired of not having usable internet.  We can t even open our email it's so slow.  Is it 2018 or 1999? Come on!!! These speeds are unacceptable.  You are the only ISP.  Do your job, increase our internet speeds now! 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Get a new provider. I had this very same problem. I can tell you exactly what they are going to do.

1. They will have you do trouble shooting over the phone, it might fix it for a while. Everything will work, it will slow down again.

2. You call back, a few more times about this same issue. They will send you a new modem/router. That DOES NOT FIX THE ISSUE.

3. You call back again tell them that does not fix the issue. They send a tech out to your house who inspects the lines. He will most likely tell you a line is bad, then he runs a replacement line. Everything will be peachy for a minute.

4. Then it will go back to crap. Internet will stay slow as old people {edited for word filter evasion}

I am telling you its not worth it, just go ahead and cancel it and get a different internet provider.

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@Brian89

@JeremyAmster

Sadly Brian89 is correct. I have experienced similar actions by AT&T myself, they do NOT want to provide good service.

Why is a mystery. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

And who did you go with?

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Att is the only isp.  So I'm stuck with them.  They will not raise speeds.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

this is a customer to customer forum at&t wont see your request here. you need to call them or click the contact button at the bottom of the page and chat in

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Just called in to report that my download was a whopping 0.77!  Checked on 2 laptops... and then checked on desktop and it was 0.64!  Of course ATT had to have me check using "their" speedtest; and imagine that -- it was even slower with theirs! LOL AND when the lady started her checklist, including stuff like "my" software, how many devices "I" had connected, and... at that I said, "THAT is NOT the problem! " .. .and was finally connected to a super in the tech dept, who almost immediately said he was seeing red flags on THEIR end... and will have someone out.... in 4 days.  Grrrrrrrr, OK, by then, IF I'm lucky, someone else will have also called in the problem and a tech will have found the problem down in their box a couple of blocks away that feeds our section. Needless to say I annotate all my correspondence, record some, and also take screen shots of my speedtests to have record.  We too are limited with providers, so about the only choice is to keep on ATT!!! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You obviously didn't read the entire comment. WE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER ISP IN ALABAMA. Therefore, we're stuck with AT&T.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@faerierosebud  who are you talking too? there hasnt been a response in this thread in 2 months

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

If you believe you are getting slower speeds than you were supposed to receive (especially with an ISP you're stuck with), it's always worth it to file a complaint to the FCC. Filing a complaint is very simple and can be done online. Most of all, ISP hate the government getting involved in their business. Make sure you provide them with as much information as possible, including your paper bills, phone call recordings, emails, anything you have. The more detailed you are with the issue, the more the FCC can do.

• 

2 Messages

Also leave out any personal interactions you've had with customer service. They only regulate the law, they don't strike down ISP's just because a customer service representative was rude to you

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

everyone gangsta till the 1 minute video starts to buffer

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.