Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
SwededSwede's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 24th, 2018 7:48 PM

Customer Service manipulatively includes receiver fee when attempting to remove TV from Account

In Feb. I attempted to remove U-Verse from my AT&T package, as I would just use Internet only. The customer service agent advised for a bundled package with Internet + the basic U-Verse. Per the agent, this would be the same price as Internet only and would allow for unlimited internet vs. a data cap. It turns out that the agent tricked me, and continued to charge me for a U-Verse receiver that was not needed to operate Internet only. So I was wrongly charged the $15 receiver fee monthly for several months until finally getting it removed recently. I spoke with Customer Service many times about getting this corrected and it is like speaking to a wall. There is no dialogue or back and forth conversation. It is extremely frustrating that AT&T allows their customer service to trick customers into bundled packages and pay for items that are not requested or needed at all. Furthermore, when getting in touch with Customer Service they refuse to offer any help or even escalate to a supervisor. For example, when asking the representative how to share feedback and where to navigate on the AT&T website, the response was "AT&T website. It is there". No specific directions were provided. It was like pulling teeth. Once I was transferred to the Cancellations Team, but that also was a fruitless pursuit as I was on what seemed to be an endless hold. I am waiting for Google to introduce their Fiber internet in my community so I can leave AT&T altogether.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

There is no $15 receiver fee.  There is a DVR fee if you have DVR enabled and U-verse Basic.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply and clarification. The Invoice states "Receiver Fee". If this was intended as a "DVR Fee" then that is fine, however I requested "No TV" so no TV should also mean "No DVR". The complaint still applies, because I requested not to and did not use TV (and inherently DVR) yet I was charged for DVR.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.