Helpful Links

Changing services

Highlighted
Contributor

Changing services

I have a lifeline and heard of the $10.00 internet connection possibilities. How do I switch over?
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Professor

Re: Changing services

Okay, just to be clear, lifeline is intended for voice phone (and cell phones.

Has not a thing to do with ATT's Access program.

The main link to use to sign up is: https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#/

First off, you need to be in an area that att provides service.. If you are not already an existing customer, there are many areas where ATT is not allowing new customer connections, so getting the access discount is meaningless.

Second, and this is a biggie: someone in your household must be receiving food stamps (snap)

Actually, now that i think about it, that is pretty much it.

Use the link I provided to go to the access sign up page and read their instructions. They will have a link to an application that you fill out. They will request you to provide a copy of an acceptance letter verifying being a snap recipient. (I think you can upload a copy if you can scan it into a document file, or the option to fax it, or worst case, mail them a copy of the letter.

once you compete and submit the application form (electronically) and they get the eligibility letter, they will notify you by mail if your application was approved or denied.

Once accepted, it will have a number to call, which will then do the actual account setup.

That is pretty much it, good luck.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support