Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT takes advantage of people

Contributor

ATT takes advantage of people

Just several months back, I talked with ATT about concern of my costs, as I am a senior living on Social Security.  The person came across as being understanding and talked me into something he said would be cheaper than I was paying.  At that time, I was paying $74/mo. Now, I am paying almost $90/mo.  Does that look cheaper??? ATT apparently likes taking advantage of people, even to the point of lying to them.  I guess that is the reason they no longer have where you can send them e-mail.  ATT is now in the business of taking advantage of people, even to the point of lying to them.  I mainly use Internet, and once in a blue moon answer my telephone, which also goes through Internet (why I only have one phone in my house).  Ma Bell has become Scam Bell !!!  I have had my account with them for a long time, as my e-mail when I originally set it up could only go 8 characters.  So much for being loyal to them, when they can't be loyal to its customers.

Ken H[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT takes advantage of people

Senior to senior:  There was a price increase the first of the year and it applied to everyone.  I don't remember what the amount was but it wasn't $16.  It sounds like you were on some sort of promotion and it ran out.

Pull a couple of your bills out and compare the line items.  You should be able to surmise what's going on.  Then call CS (800-288-2020) with the facts and see if they can offer you any kind of discount.  If your promotion ran out, it probably won't be as much but it should be something.

Good luck.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I do not appreciate the way some companies treat a person as if they are dummies. I know what I was told, and I was not told about it being promotional. I KNOW I was paying only $74 until I was talked into this new plan and was told it would be less and also told me it would be good for at least a year. This is not the first time ATT has lied to me. I recall when I went with U-Verse, and I told them I didn’t want the TV part. They said okay, but sent out the TV thing anyway. I sent the installer packing because of being lied to. I did eventually get the U-Verse I originally wanted, only tel and Internet. This last time, I was once again LIED TO.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

AT&T treats there customers.... Well they don’t treat customers, account or case numbers is how the deal with every person paying for there services. 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support