Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T IS RIPPING US OFF!!

Contributor

AT&T IS RIPPING US OFF!!

A few months ago I had 100mbps internet with AT&T and i was paying $89 a month. I was fine with that. The speeds were great, bill wasn't too heavy, and everything was reliable. Then we moved to a bigger city, where you would think they would have better internet speeds, but we were upset to find out that the highest speed available in our area was only 18mbps. The simple math on that is 18mbps is only 18% of the 100mbps speed. so our only option is to receive 18% of the product we were receiving. Fine. We dealt with it, because we had other priorities and no other options. BUT! The thing that is completely unfair and absolutely ridiculous is the fact that they are charging us $50 for 18mbps. Now, the math should stay the same on this. 18% of the product should only cost 18% of what it did cost. but no. Instead it costs about 57% of what the 100mbps costs. That is just not fair. There are only 2 things that AT&T can do to fix this. 1: install fiber in our area to allow us to have the option of upgrading our service to a nice HOUSEHOLD speed instead of only letting us have office speeds. 2: adjust our bill to a fair price of $16 a month. That is 18% of $89. 

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: AT&T IS RIPPING US OFF!!

Current (May 27, 2018) pricing for new customers for 12 months for speeds from 10 to 100 is $50. Best address can support. 

For $40 is internet 5 or less (3, 1.5, .76).

If have 18/1, this is ADSL2+ from the CO or Central Office. Areas are being upgraded to fiber at rate of 3 million addresses per year or about 4% of footprint in the 21 state regions.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Are you surprised? They charge their 10mbps ADSL users the same price they charge the 100mbps fiber customers. It's a rip off.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I completely agree. The bad part is, they refuse to take my 18% argument as a valid complaint, and refuse to work with us to make things better. They care nothing about their customers and its a shame we have no other options in our area so we can get away from this terrible company. 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support