For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
221Baker's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 7th, 2019 6:46 AM

AT&T Home Internet and Rural America

Will AT&T ever offer home internet to rural areas? I used to live in a large city and had AT&T as my home internet, it was great, customer service was great. Then I had to move to a rural community and there are only two options for home internet, Frontier and Mediacom, neither have very positive customer feedback, and I can confirm this I've had both. I started with Frontier, reasonably priced, but service was constantly interrupted or it went out all together and the only way to get it back was to have a tech come out and take a look. Which fine I live in a rural community I should expect this, but I was hosting family for the holidays one year and was without internet for 7 days, nearly the entire time my family was in town. That was it so I switched to mediacom, pricey but internet was faster and more reliable. I didn't mind the price too much, until they increased it and to downgrade to their lowest plan price would only save me $10. $10? That's ridiculous! Not to mention I had siding placed on my house and to get someone out to remove their box from the house so the contractor could get behind it, and again was like I was speaking an entirely different language than them. They said it wasn't a priority and they would get to it when they got to it, it took over a week for someone to come, and their tech, he lives in my town, it literally took him two minutes and he was onto the next job. It may not have been priority to them but to me it was costing me money and my contractor time. Everytime I call them and it's been established I'm an existing customer they begin rushing the conversation to end, it starts all slow and almost caring until I inform them I'm already a customer. I'm a person, I have feelings, and I have needs. We live in a time when internet is a necessity why can't we all have access to a decent provider and reliable internet connection? Rural communities are desperate and we're tired of the limited choices and having to choose between the lesser of two evils. Please will AT&T ever come to rural communities?

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.