For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
jj_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 2:56 AM

Why after I get error message Nad-2902; I’m unable to browse the internet?

Why after I get error message Nad-2902; I’m unable to browse the internet?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

When receiving the NAD-2902 error the very first thing to be checked will need to be all devices connected to a phone jack and make sure all devices are plugged into one of the provide filters here are some of the devices to be checked:

• Satellite boxes
  • Extra phones
  • TIVO
  • Fax machines
  • Alarm systems
  • Answering machines
  • Computer modems

After verifying all devices are plugged into one of the DSL filters if needed, (People with Dry-Loop start here) you may click the "Do not Show" button to bypass.

After clicking the "Do not Show" and you are still not able to browse you will want to clear "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies", and "History" in your browser.

Then close the browser and reopen it to verify you are able to browse.

Here's an article that may help out NAD Errors on NVG510

Employee

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

I've followed this process and it happens several times a day, is this something normal ?

Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

Johnie,

Currently this is a known issue and AT&T is working on a resolution, sometimes the NAD-2902 is a false positive my first reply is a walk-around to the issue, but everything needs to be checked to make sure there isn't an actual issue when this error pops up.

Scholar

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same issue. Tech spt is not aware of this issue. I also get NAD 3305 code. 2 Technician from ATT. says all connections are fine, tests on my line are all good. ATT did the install so it's installed correctly.

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

This happens to Motorola NVG-510 modems. I think this is a manufacturer's thing. What you can do is the following:

1. Hard reset the modem - Press and hold reset for 10 seconds

2. Perform browser maintenance - Even while the modem is performing a factory reset, clear cookies, cache and history on your browser.

3. Do not show - After doing the two steps, if the NAD error shows up, click "Do not show".

You should be able to browse seamlessly after that.

Let us know if it works.

Scholar

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, that doesn't always work, i still get that error almost daily and today the 2902 code. As you can  see this is a ongoing issue, has been since UVerse was installed. The modem will not reset with the reset button, i have to unplug the power cord.

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

paulgarcia, that's the correct way to do it.

and Yes, it's the issu with NVG510 Routers only.

AT&T is working to get a permanent fix about it.

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Hopefully, Motorola (or AT&T) comes up with an upgraded firmware soon so that we don't have to deal with this error everyday on IPDSL accounts.

And yeah, it's a Motorola thing. The AT&T service doesn't always have anything to do with this issue. Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem on NVG589, started when I bundle my service, just to add directTv on my bill, at&t insisted on changing my box out to this one. Technican and supervisor had trouble connect this box was not working corect-trouble every since. Should'nt be paying for this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.