Need help connecting your router?
lyssanoel2013's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 5th, 2019 5:58 AM

Why a hard credit pull?

Why would AT&T need to do a hard credit check to provide internet services? Is there anyway to decline a hard pull and still get internet services? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately it cannot be avoided.

Things to Know about our Credit Check Policy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you!! I appreciate it! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, it can be avoided. ATT can rethink this asinine policy of pulling hard credit checks for something as small as $50/month home internet plans. It is a really strange way to do business. I got all the way to the point of picking out installation times when I was informed my credit would take a hard check just to get monthly internet through ATT. Needless to say it was ENTIRELY not worth it to me to potentially lose thousands of dollars in interest on my next loan just so ATT is 100% certain they won't have to turn my internet off and lose $50 one month. Insane.

I can't be the only one who declined their services because of this ridiculous policy. There is no way they are saving more than losing because of this. Who is running ATT?? Oh, and my credit is 830....Ha! I ended up setting up service with Spectrum Internet who didn't feel it necessary to knock my credit score down and were willing to take a $50 risk on me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.