Where can I get a 25' yellow Ethernet cable?

Tutor

Where can I get a 25' yellow Ethernet cable?

The cable that came with the 2Wire gateway is too short. I need a longer replacement at least 25'.

Thanks,

Martie

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Where can I get a 25' yellow Ethernet cable?

monoprice.com
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Tutor

The cable is labeled:

AWM 2835  24 AWG/4PR  60 C  30V  E311387

AWG/4PR  II  A 60 C   30V FT2  UTP ETL 

Verified to ANSI/TIA - 56813.2  CAT 5 YSC

Which specs do I use to search for the cable?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Martie

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

thanks...wasn't sure if CAT5e was ok.
Martie
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

I went order the CAT5e cable from monoprice.com as suggested and the rep said the following via chat:

"A cable like PID 2316 (CAT6) would work great.

The difference between Cat 5 and Cat 6 is in the bandwith ratings. Cat 5e has a higher bandwidth than Cat 5. Cat 6 has a higher rating than Cat 5e. Higher bandwidths means you can transfer greater amounts of data at higher rates.Cat 6 acheives higher bandwidth by reducing cross talk between the twisted pairs with the aid of a plastic spleen runing through the length of the cable.They all use RJ45 connectors and are usually interchangeable depending on the bandwidth requirements of your devices."

Yikes, should I just stick to the CAT5e?

Martie

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

MartieBr - For U-verse application you will not see any difference in quality of signal. Buy, whichever one you want. The prices arre probably pretty close. Any of them will work fine.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support