Need help connecting your router?
Sparky2016's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 4:09 AM

What does the “$99 install” include?

I am interested in purchasing the 50mbps internet package and bundling my family cell phone plan. First, I have no cable or Ethernet jacks in my home so all the wire would need to be run. I would like to know if this work is included in the $99 installation fee. If not, I can route all the cable, cut in the boxes and terminate on RG-6 jacks. I am an electrician,I just prefer not to do it myself. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thank-you for the reply. Can a technician come out and give me a quote?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

That’s unfortunate that the only way I’ll know the cost of install is when I’ve already signed a 2 year contract and the tech tells me day of that it’s gonna be “X” amount more than the anticipated “$99 install fee”. That does not seem right.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

So what if my whole house had RG-6 cable? At&T would charge me to run new cable? I just don’t feel comfortable subscribing to a plan that doubles in cost after one year, as well as an unknown installation fee. I could end up paying $350 dollars, expecting to just pay $99. Please help. 

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

6 years ago

Isn't RG-6 more so for video than Ethernet? And aren't you only getting internet and not TV? Even if you had RG-6 though out the house you couldn't use it for internet anyways. Or are you talking about Cat6?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

My router accepts RG6 or cat 5e or cat 6. I was just curious. At this point I’m only looking for internet. AT&T says they need a cat5e cable for their service. I just wanted to know if RG6 would work. It’s only needed to feed my router to provide WiFi for the whole house.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.