Helpful Links

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

Contributor

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

Message 1 of 130
Community Support

Re: Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

Hi harrism2013,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to getting your issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 130
Contributor

Port 25 and Port 587 seemed block. Can I fix this myself, or does ATT rep need to do this?

Message 17 of 130
Community Support

Hi jeffreysolari,

Port 25 is blocked but to my knowledge, port 587 should not be. I would be glad to look into your account to look further into this, and I will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 130
Community Support

Hi jeffreysolari,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 19 of 130
Contributor

New U-verse user as of last week. My port 25 is blocked as well.

Can you assist?

Thanks

brian

Message 20 of 130
Community Support

Hello brianelowry,

We apologize for any of the inconveniences this has caused but we would be glad to look into this further for you. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 21 of 130
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Can someone please assist?

DavidCS wrote:

Hello brianelowry,

We apologize for any of the inconveniences this has caused but we would be glad to look into this further for you. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Message 22 of 130
Community Support

Hi adti1204,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 23 of 130
Voyager

I have the same issue.

I am using pop3 mail service, and since switching to uverse stopped working.

I tried to contact support but they could not help.

Can someone assist?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 130
Community Support

Hi roneng,

I apologize about the inconveniences with your issues in trying to send e-mail, but this article should help out. In order to use 3rd party e-mails, you must register them through your main U-verse account.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 25 of 130
Voyager

Hi DavidCS

I dont want to recieve emails from that account into my att mail.

i just want to keep on using it, and sending with the smtp the same it alwas been working.

Just need att to unblock their firewall for me.

Why is it so complicated?

It works just fine with any other ISP i ever worked with.

Message 26 of 130
ACE - Expert

roneng wrote:

Hi DavidCS

I dont want to recieve emails from that account into my att mail.

i just want to keep on using it, and sending with the smtp the same it alwas been working.

Just need att to unblock their firewall for me.

Why is it so complicated?

It works just fine with any other ISP i ever worked with.

I'm confused. You stated you're having issues with POP3 access.

I'm not aware of anyone having issues retrieving e-mail using POP3.  AT&T blocks SMTP (port 25) outbound as a matter of course to prevent mail worms.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 27 of 130
Community Support

Hi roneng,

I apologize for not clarifying it further. When registering the mail account, it allows for it to bypass the block we have set in place. It does not filter the e-mails through that account unless you set it up to do that.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 28 of 130
Voyager

the pop3 retrieveing the emails works fine.

my problems is with the outgoing email sending, just ofcourse works on port 25.

ATT is the only ISP that blocks that.

It is really bad service on my end.

If i had know / someone informed me ahead, i would never switch.

Message 29 of 130
Highlighted
Employee

Hello roneng,

I can take care of this for you and I apologize it caused an inconvenience. I have sent you a private message to collect your account information and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 30 of 130
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support