Need help connecting your router?
silverbeowoulf's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:30 PM

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hello, silverbeowoulf

You are correct, the U-verse gateway by default blocks the SMTP filter. I was able to pull up your account and I can remove the block. It just takes a minute or two. Would you mind waiting 1-2 minutes and then let me know if this helps? Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I would not mind at all, thank you.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

That worked like a charm, thank you!  Why is it that the uverse support team could not do this?

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Excellent! I'm glad that worked for you. :smileylaugh:

I apologize that U-verse Support wasn't able to resolve this. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why they were unable to unblock the port for you.

However, I'm glad that you chose to be a part of the U-verse Community and address your concern here. If you have any other questions or issues with your service in the future, feel free to post another question and we'll be glad to help! Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem on a 6-year-old Mac (OS/X 10.6.8) using Entourage 2008 v12.2.3. 

I can receive e-mail from my company's GoDaddy account, but I can't send any e-mail. Please unblcok port 25 or tell me what information you need to do it ASAP. 

Thanks. 

Laura in CA

AT&T U-verse customer 

Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

@laurainnorthernca wrote:

I'm having the same problem on a 6-year-old Mac (OS/X 10.6.8) using Entourage 2008 v12.2.3. 

I can receive e-mail from my company's GoDaddy account, but I can't send any e-mail. Please unblcok port 25 or tell me what information you need to do it ASAP. 

Does your mail provider offer any encrypted connections to the mail server (SSL or TLS)?  Those usually use a different port like 587.  I know I have 3 or 4 email providers who have SSL connections, so I can connect to their SMTP servers on port 587 from my home UVerse line.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hello laurainnorthernca,

I would be glad to look into this for you and see if there are any issues on our end that may be blocking your e-mail domain. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information on this, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Would it be possible for you to check my email to see if ATT is blocking emails from my IP Cameras?

THKS, Jaack

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi jamnjk747,

I would be glad to look into that for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather some more information.

-David T

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

Godaddy does NOT use PORT 25.  They use a variety of ports but not 25.  Please consult the Godaddy helpdesk or referrence articles and get your exact port number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.