Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-verse with Apple Airport Extreme

Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Highlighted
hsb
Teacher

U-verse with Apple Airport Extreme

I just installed my new Motorola 2210-02 U-verse modem, and it connects fine when plugged directly into my Mac. However, when I plug my Airport Extreme (through the WAN port) into the modem, using the yellow supplied cable, the Airport does not detect the internet signal. I've gone through the various threads, but all seem to apply to a different combined modem/router (RG). Is there something else I need to do to use the Airport as my wireless hub? I also received the Linksys E1000 with the modem, but haven't opened it, since I had the Airport set up with my previous ATT DSL modem, and it worked great (several Airport Express units throughout the house).

Message 1 of 5
hsb
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by hsb
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: U-verse with Apple Airport Extreme

Ok. I persevered and fixed the problem on my own, but wanted to post for others. It turned out that by re-sertting my Aiport Extreme and creating a new wireless network using DHCP (instead of PPPoE, as I had with my older DSL modem), it worked.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Master

I would also set encryption to WPA2 only and manually select a channel.

Message 3 of 5
Teacher

WIll you please explain how you hooked it up? At&t has told me I have to use theyr'e router

Message 4 of 5
Master

@1080pete wrote:

WIll you please explain how you hooked it up? At&t has told me I have to use theyr'e router

You have to use the modem part of the  RG but you can either bridge the Airport Extreme

or set it up DMZ depending on your needs. Without knowing what you will want it to do

its a guess. Most use DMZ so it will act as a full fledged router for things like Back To My My Mac.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support