1. There are 2 Uverse HSI's, VDSL HSI (higher ping due to error correction for TV) if in range of the VRAD and IPDSLAM ADSL 2/2+ that takes over after the range of VDSL. It will be a matter how far you are from your VRAD which one you get. Regular DSL is being phased out by ATT.
2. You possibly qualify for up to 24M.
3. Should possibly be some promo pricing for 6-12months.
4. You can get internet only, even if you are in VDSL (where TV is possibly offered).
5. If you are talking HD, Dish is probably better as their bit rate is higher than Uverse's, if SD, Uverse wins hands down.