Need help connecting your router?
nethertonc's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, March 13th, 2015 11:15 PM

U-verse Available, not really

I was contacted from ATT to set up my u-verse for my phone and internet, took a half day off of work to meet with the installation technician, called to see if they were coming, was told sorry, we don't have service in you area, your order is canceled. It takes 17 hours to upload a video on my dsl land line, but I can do it in 1 hour using my cell phone as a hot spot bouncing off of a tower several miles away.......I don't get it.  It's just frustrating loosing half a days pay for something they set up.  You would think there would be a check list before calling a customer, can they get service....check... let's call them.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@nethertonc There is absolutely no way for sales or tech to know whether you get 4, 3 or 2 HD service or no service at all until the tech comes and checks at the NID.

The problem arises since they know where the VRAD is, they have to estimate distance from the crossbox/VRAD without knowing exactly where the crossbox/VRAD fell in your original line length.

So they estimate who can get Uverse by this Some can get a 55M profile, many get the 32M profile, some get the 25M profile, some get pair bonded service, some can't get any Uverse and others who were not estimated are found that they can get Uverse.

ATT has provided only 40-45% of ATT users w/UverseTV and internet (45-3M) on VDSL2, 30-35% users w/ ADSL2+ internet/pnone (18M-768K) for those beyond VDSL2 range and 20-25% of users will get no DSL of any kind.

ATT is using ATT wireless 4G LTE to provide internet services for those w/no wireline service available.

http://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html#sku=sku7130587

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

That's fine checking it, but don't schedule a date of install; have your customer miss a half or whole day's pay and say nevermind we can't do it.  As far at the 4G LTE, ATT cell service cuts out halfway home from work, Verizon is the only one that picks up at my house.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I would think it should go like this....

I see you are calling about the uverse service in your area, we will have an engineer check to make sure your line is eligible, then we will call and set up an appointment for your service to be installed.  

Would have saved me a half days pay.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I was told that the engineer came and checked my line, then called and said it was no good.  All I am saying is to do what they already do, just call after they verify it's good to make the appointment instead of assuming it's good.  Scheduling would have to be easier if the dispatcher know for sure the orders they had are good.  But then again, that just my opinion.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

9 years ago

"This is management decision to function this way"

I'm not sure how one increases stockholder wealth by providing poor service.  Whenever my U-Verse DVR or TV Node re-boots, it says to "Re-Think AT&T"

That is exactly what I am doing with the intermittent "service" I continue to receive with the problems with the NVG589 fed by twisted pair, rather than fiber-optic.  The phone service reps are cheery, the techs are optimistic, but service continues at a low level.  Outsourcing user support to the Community Forums is not an acceptable alternative.

So, in the long run, losing a half-day once may not be as costly as it seems at first.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I've had the very same issuer with them. AT&T is not professional at all. I can guarantee you won't get your service.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry to here about the problems you ran into, but here is my Att install experience today. The tech came out at 10 and Instead of saying to me sorry service isn't availble due to an issue at the ouside box, he called a field tech out and they spent 5 hours at my house problem solving the issue step by step to make sure that I got my service. I can tell you that comcast would never have done the same.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.