Need help connecting your router?
galenrouse's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 24th, 2012 4:51 AM

Trying to setup a 2nd e-mail account for my wife

I was able to set up my outlook the other day with my username and password I used when my u-verse was set up on Tuesday this week.   This I did on my computer.  Now I need to create a 2nd e-mail and password for use by my wife on her laptop. I have made several attemps at this today, only to find out that only my e-mail and password are recognized.  I was on customer support chat for over an hour this evening and that was totaly useless. All I want to to do is create a 2nd e-mail address and password for my wife to use. I just left Time Warner/Roadrunner to take advantage of a great offer to this U-Verse. I still have the Time Warner/Roadrunner equipment and wasn't going to call and cancel with them untill Monday.  Roadrunner customer service has been getting worse so I gave ATT a chance.  When I started with Roadrunner some years back, it was only a matter of seting up one e-mail on one computer then another e-mail on a 2nd computer, simple as that.  I am posting this question here, and will call customer support tomorrow or Monday morning.  If this isn't resolved by then, I am calling someone to come et the ATT equipment and I will stay with Roadrunner.  After that useless chat and no results or I dont even think the tech had a clue what to do other than give me a phone number. I need 2 e-mail addresses for use in out look on 2 machines, that is all.  Thank you for any help given.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

You want to set up a sub account for your wife,  Assuming that you have U-verse internet, see the support article found in the link below:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400580#fbid=hBZViqotUSS

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you very much texasguy37  That is more help than I got all day.  yes I do have the U-verse internet and bundle  Thank you

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

If that resolves your issue please come back and let us know.  Also, mark TGs suggestion as the solution.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

yes, I am verry happy to acounce that this worked out perfectly.  I went to the link Texasguy has and added a sub acount for my wife last night.  This morning I set up the outlook on her laptop as per instructions and with the sub acount inew e-mail address and password.  It accepted the info, and began sending and receiving e-mail fine.  I sent one from mine to hers and from hers to mine and that also worked fine.  Again thak you for the great help here.  I was frustrated when I coudn't find this info on my own and the chat thing was useless.  After an hour of that I came here and received an answer within a very short time.  Again thank you very much.  

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting.  Enjoy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.