Helpful Links

Slow U-Verse Speeds - Not Meeting Advertised Numbers

Highlighted
Teacher

Slow U-Verse Speeds - Not Meeting Advertised Numbers

Good day. First off, I am a bit of a newbie so please forgive me if the solution is obvious and/or has been discussed elsewhere. I did search the forums and was unable to find an answer that helped. Here is my situation - I have the Max Turbo plan with my U-Verse U300 setup, two HDTVs + DVR. The TVs work fine most of the time but my internet speed fluctuates greatly. Some times it will be 10 Mbps (per SpeedTest.com) and other times it is less than 3 Mbps. Worse, at times it stalls entirely. I know that the 18 Mbps figure is not guaranteed for 100% of the time, but what should I expect? Netflix/YouTube are a challenge to run in 720P and I expect to be able to use those with this plan. I should note that I have tested with both direct connections and via wifi, and have achieved similar numbers via both. I have UV Realtime installed - here are some screenshots:

Bitloading-2014-03-31-11-07-23.jpg

Stats-2014-03-31-11-07-11.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Message 1 of 2
Teacher

Re: Slow U-Verse Speeds - Not Meeting Advertised Numbers

Quick update, this has been resolved. For anyone else having this issue, you may want to check your NAT sessions (Settings>Diagnostics>NAT) and see how many you have in use/open. I had a piece of malware that made it past my antivirus that was maxing these out. Thanks, AT&T, for resolving!

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support