For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
Ghoul Slayer's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 1st, 2013 4:36 PM

Set up NVG510 router?

I'm trying to set up the router on my NVG510 that was installed quite awhile ago but I asked to tech to leave the router turned off because I probably wouldn't be using it. Now I want to use it and I can't figure out how to set it up. Obviously, I want to change the password and name for the router as well.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Set up instructions:

What Comes in the Box

Installation Instructions

1. If you have traditional phone service, install  single-port filters in wall jacks that have devices  such as phones, fax machines, satellite receivers, or modems.* Filters are not required for Customer’s without AT&T wired voice service

2. The dual-port filter is used when you want to connect a phone or other piece of equipment, such as a fax machine, to the same wall jack as your Wireless Gateway. * Filters are not required for Customer’s without AT&T wired voice service

3. Connect the green data cable from the Wireless Gateway’s Phone Line port to the dual-port filter’s DSL port (or directly to the wall if you do not have traditional phone service).

4. Connect the yellow Ethernet cable from the Wireless Gateway’s Local Ethernet port to your computer’s Ethernet port.

5. Combine the two-part power cord, and then connect one end to the Wireless Gateway’s Power port and the other end to an electrical outlet.

6. Open Internet browser. The online registration process will start automatically to assist in activating service. If it does not, enter lsreg.att.net into address bar.

7. Continue with online registration using the 4-digit passcode created when order was placed—it was mailed separately for Customer reference.

Instructions to change the wireless name and password:

If you have an NVG510

1. Open a Web browser and enter http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar.
  2. Choose the Home Network tab at the top
  3. Choose the Wireless sub-tab underneath
  4. It may ask for a Device Access Code. By default, it is located on a sticker on the modem.
  5. On the Security Drop down, change it to WPA-PSK or WEP-Manual
  6. In the field marked Key, type in the password you wish to use

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, if I want to change the display name that's the box that says SSID correct? The one that by default says ATT144?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yes correct.  Remember to re-register all of your wireless devices when done.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.