Need help connecting your router?
sharon_3's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 13th, 2013 5:15 PM

SSID name

Hello,

I have been using my ATT U-verse TV, Internet, and phone service since April. I would like to change my 2wire wireless SSID name from the generic to something more original. I have tried to change it but it asks for password and I put the password in from the actual device and it tells me that it is not the correct code to access and edit the name and the password for my connection. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello sharon , I understand you want to rename your wireless network but the system password  entered is being rejected. To make setting changes for the 2Wire gateway you will need to provide the System Password that is found on a label on the side of the gateway. In some cases, users confuse this password with the Wireless Network Key but they serve different purposes. The Wireless Network Key allows a device to authenticate with your wireless network while the System Password will allow you to make changes to the settings on your 2wire gateway and save them. 

These documents may be helpful to determine what information you need and how to use it.

2Wire 3600/3800/3801 SSID and Wireless Key

Changing System Password on a 2Wire Gateway

If you would also like to change your Wireless Network Key to something you can remember, follow the instructions on Changing Wireless Password in a 2Wire Gateway

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like the password was changed from it's default one and you don't remember it?  You can reset the router to factory default.  Here are the instructions: Performing a factory reset on the Wireless Gateway - AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Support

Remember you will lose all settings you have made to the residential gateway.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I never changed anything on it because it was a difficult one to begin with. Since it is too difficult to remember now I want one I can remember. lol Thanks for the info I will try it.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Sharon,

Just checking up on your post. If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

- SadathCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.