For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
Laflame2737's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, June 4th, 2018 1:57 PM

Router swtiching

I have a Arris nvg510 but I’m only running 0.94 upload speed , and it’s too slow can I upgrade the router or use a arris surfboard n300 | 300 dual band?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

*arris surfboard N300 | 300 SBG6580

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

@Laflame2737, no.  A Surfboard would be a DOCSIS "modem," not a DSL modem.   Your speed issue is most likely your distance from the Central Office.  If you need higher speed, you'll need to see if AT&T can upgrade you to VDSL2 or fiber service; see if they have some wireless option that will suit, or go somewhere else.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have uverse fiber optic but it’s only running at 16 down 0.94 down. The modem is a arris nvg510 it’s a couple years old could it be the modem or the service plan I have?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

0.94 upload

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

@Laflame2737 wrote:

I have uverse fiber optic but it’s only running at 16 down 0.94 down. The modem is a arris nvg510 it’s a couple years old could it be the modem or the service plan I have?

As my thoughts stated, the NVG 510 is an ADSL2+ router, not a VDSL2 router.  I didn't notice on my first read that it was an upload speed of ~ 1 Mbps you were having issues with.  That's the best AT&T will do on ADSL2+.  Your download speed is pretty good for the 18/1 ADSL2+ service as well.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

How do how do I find out if my service is IP - RT

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.