Need help connecting your router?
reidjn's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 7:33 PM

Replacing or Piggy Backing Off i38hg device for improvement in download/upload speeds.

I noticed on my i38hg device installed in my home that the "in" port appears to have a phone cord connection with a twisted pair attached to it coming from a cord that looks like an ethernet cord? Why did the tech splice up the line that way? I'm pretty sure he told me he fed cat5 cable into the house and this was part of the reason they couldn't set the device up in my second floor office. Why wouldn't they just have given me a device that supports an ethernet / cat5 cable? Is this a really old device? Is there one that they are giving out now that support wireless N? The reason this is an issue for me is I was hoping to see which wireless connection is faster: 1) going through my i38hg wireless access point or 2) swapping this device out and replacing with my newer 802.11n netgeat wireless access point.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

It's the indoor unit for the 'pair bonded' iNid (RG enclosed) located elswhere, still only supports b/g wireless.  There are no Pace/2wire RGs that support 'n' for Uverse.

This might be informative about adding your 'n' router to the mix:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Linksys-behind-iNID-yet-another-version-question/m-p/3050903/highlight/true#M4151

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.