On Wiring: Am I going to need a technician visit?

Contributor

On Wiring: Am I going to need a technician visit?

Hi all,

Placed an order to get Uverse service in my apartment earlier this week (3mbps), will be getting self-install kit and service activated tomorrow.

On the phone at time of sale, I was told self-install is no problem and simply a matter of plugging into my phone jack while activation for service is done at street level. After having done a bit of research I see that is not always the case. Did some poking around on what wires I should/should not have. If color is any indication, then I think I'm good. But I wanted to post a picture of the wiring behind my phone jack so I could get an expert opinion (link below).

http://imgur.com/Wdy8s

Thanks in advance for the input guys. On a tight budget and really trying to avoid a costly tech visit if I can manage it.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: On Wiring: Am I going to need a technician visit?

danb_sfl - Looks like blue & white/blue are connected to Red & green. I believe that is what you want. Good to go.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: On Wiring: Am I going to need a technician visit?

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support