Helpful Links

Norton

Contributor

Norton

Can I uninstall Mcafee with uverse internet because I like to use Norton antivirus?

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Norton

Yes, you can use any anti-virus/anti-malware program you like.

AT&T happens to provide McAfee free of charge, but any other security program will work fine as well.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Norton

gregory3551 wrote:

Can I uninstall Mcafee with uverse internet because I like to use Norton antivirus?

Yes you can. What security software you use is your choice.

You'll want to use the "add/remove programs" in your particular operating system. After that you'll want to run the Macafee Consumer Products Removal tool, which can be found here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support