Need help connecting your router?
gregory3551's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 30th, 2013 4:59 PM

Norton

Can I uninstall Mcafee with uverse internet because I like to use Norton antivirus?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, you can use any anti-virus/anti-malware program you like.

AT&T happens to provide McAfee free of charge, but any other security program will work fine as well.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@gregory3551 wrote:

Can I uninstall Mcafee with uverse internet because I like to use Norton antivirus?

Yes you can. What security software you use is your choice.

You'll want to use the "add/remove programs" in your particular operating system. After that you'll want to run the Macafee Consumer Products Removal tool, which can be found here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.