Need help connecting your router?
DemonRyou's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, July 20th, 2012 3:45 AM

No Wireless on 3600HGV

I just signed up with U-Verse and AT&T shipped me a 2WIRE 3600HGV Modem.

The internet runs perfectly via wire into my computer, but none of my family's smart phones— including my own— can get any wi-fi.

The light next to "Wireless" on my modem is not blinking.

Does anybody have some insight into this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

You may have a bad gateway if no devices are able to find the signal.

Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020 and request a gateway replacement.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Is wireless security enabled on the gateway?  Is the correct wireless network access key being entered into the smart phones to access the wireless network?

By the way, the wireless light on the gateway will only be visible when a wireless device is accessing the network.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Wireless Security is enabled, however, Wi-Fi Protected Setup is not. I am 100% sure that I know the correct password, but that isn't the problem.

The smartphones do not even detect my network at all. When I try to manually connect, the smart phones says they cannot detect my network. I am also 100% sure I know what my network name is.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

UPDATE

I was able to connect wirelessly to my Android phone but the signal is poor and can randomly disappear altogether.

No Apple devices have been able to connect(iPod Touch, iPhone) because they cannot find the network.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

AT&T shipped in a new router and the wi-fi works now. Thank you to all who assisted me.

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

12 years ago

Is it just that easy to request a new one? I have the same exact issue and have talked to customer support and they transferred me to Connect Tech who was gonna charge me. I told them before I pay I'll just go right back to Comcast.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Just checked and I have the same kind of router.

In fact, I caught the technician who switched everything over on the Customer Interface side a month ago who said there was a good chance I'd have to swap out my 3600HGV 2wire router because of wireless issues.

Why is AT&T still using these defective gateways if they already know there's a problem? And can I just call up customer support and tell them my wireless isn't working, this is apparently a known issue on your side, let's cut to the chase and just get me a new router?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same problem. At first when I got it it was working perfectly find after a week it didn't work. I have to go really close to it to work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same problem with my 3600HGV, i.e. the wired connection is working great. However, the wifi is dead. The tech support guys in India reset my router through the command line  however, the wifi is not coming back. I can connect the computers through the ports in the back and get full bandwidth! The techn support through chat have scheduled a technician to come out today! Will update after the technicians visit! The router is only 6 months old!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.