Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

The constant changing of the information on the new home page is distracting.  I really prefer the old "myyahoo" page, which I understand will be discontinued.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is new to me as well but we are totally honked about the new format.  I've looked at the links and it DOES appear -- for now -- we can go back to the old format.  Is it me or is AT&T dumbing down their home pages:  fewer and fewer words and more pictures??  This is awful, makes it difficult to figure out what the "story" is, and slows everything down.  What a joke!  I think their focus group for developing this must have been elementary and middle schoolers!  Sorry kids, I honestly don't wish to offend you!

I just hope someone -- anyone -- from AT&T is monitoring this site so they can see what a cobble job they have made of this.  And it just makes me sick the money I have paid them in my bills is going to stuff like this!

Has anyone at AT&T tried the "new Coke" yet?  Has anyone at AT&T heard the "new Coke" story??

I'm looking for a new home page.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I don't know about you but this new home page sucks, I was so happy with my old page. I could find everything on my home page. This new home page only has what they want.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I totally agree!  It seems that once again commercial interests take preference over individuals'.  With the old one, I could see many things at first glance; now, there is one big picture from the news that I'm not likely to want to see.  To get down to the band of news stories, I have to scroll down.  Then, when I want to search or go to a particular website, I have to scroll up.

Please, please, please!  let us opt to keep the previous format!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

The only reason I stayed with SWBell / SBC / ATT for all of these years is because of the customizable (and highly customized) home pages.  Now that this once excellent feature is gone, it's time to switch to Google.  Goodbye ATT Yahoo!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Markiebeau, your instructions regarding how to change the new homepage back to My Yahoo are wonderful.  Not only do the instructions allow me to once again quickly gain access to real news rather than celebrity blather, it saves power on my mobile devices.  You have done what neither AT&T nor Yahoo would provide.  Thank you.

Coach

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I put up with the new portal for a few days and found the discussion forum in my search for a way to complain to ATT.  The work around to get to the old portal is terrific!  How long it will last is an open question. Still looking for a place to complain, I wonder if anyone at ATT reads the forum posts?

Coach

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

One more thing - anyone who gets the solution here in the forum should give kudos to the post for the solution.  Maybe that will draw attention to the problem to the powers that be at ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

The new homepage came up without any notice & with no option to use your old one.  The http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=whatever link will take to your old homepage but I don't know how long this will last.  Please give me an option for our old homepages before I go looking for another service provider.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.