New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

Mentor

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Message 2 of 190 (18,344 Views)
Teacher

Re: How do I add custom RSS feeds to the new home page?

Kudos! With this kind of customer service, I plan to find a new host that won't delete my hard work.

Message 136 of 190 (2,791 Views)
Teacher

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

I agree completely. I plan to find a new host as well. Obviously AT&T does not respect their customers values and needs. After years of customizing your home page it is extremely rude and inconsiderate for them to just go in and simply delete it. Talk about customer service!!!!

Message 137 of 190 (2,792 Views)
Teacher

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

It must be customer appreciation day.

Message 138 of 190 (2,793 Views)
Teacher

Amen!!!! Obviously, AT&T cares very little about what their customers want.

Message 139 of 190 (2,793 Views)

Re: New ATT Home Page

Terogan wrote:

Is anyone else as dissapointed as I am in the new ATT home page?

Here are my reasons:

1. I wasn't asked

2. I've lost my weather info on selected cities

3. Everything seems to take longer

4. I hate HATE having images of murderers, pink slime, violence etc. hitting me in the face everytime I

go to the homepage to check my e-mail

5. And I REALLY hate all the ads.

I've tried to reset to an earlier time to get back to my old home page but of course that no longer is an option.

Anyone else having issues with this? Am I just dumb (I'm not the most PC savvy person)?

Try this.  https://login.yahoo.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 140 of 190 (2,792 Views)
Teacher

And what about all of the years of customizing to the exact needs.

Message 141 of 190 (2,794 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

This has been my exact complaint. AT&T has got to have the most inconsiderate incompetent service to get in the internet business.

I can remember how disappointed I was that they took away the local theater directory, but now they have really made me mad by deleting all of my news feeds.

Such gross incompetence!!!

Message 142 of 190 (2,792 Views)
Observer

New ATT homepage

I've changed the new ATT home page back to my.yahoo.com, but I agree with all of those irritated by ATT changing it without giving customers the choice. A bane of technology: doing something just because it CAN be done. The scrolling "news" on the new ATT homepage is lame, irritating, and very sixth grade.

Message 143 of 190 (2,712 Views)
Contributor

I did the fix suggested and got my old home page back. I have spent a LOT of time tweaking that page to get the information I want. It had better stay or I'll look for another service. How either dumb or arrogant this change by ATT is! Who made this decision??? Really???
Message 144 of 190 (2,780 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Thank you soooo much for telling me how to find my old page! I was going to have to start shopping around, and still might.

Message 145 of 190 (2,767 Views)
Tutor

I spent a long time on the new ATT page before joining this community, since I like to figure things out on my own. I was trying to find the personal assistant, my map, and all the other little customized things that made "MY PAGE" my own which is what made me love ATT. Well, no more. Same thing with FB, which I used to be on daily before they forced a change on me, and now I hardly ever go there. So, now that ATT has done the same thing, can anyone tell me who is like our old ATT that I can change to? Been with this company since I left the old dial up AOL many years ago, so I am definately not under contract and willing to take "control of me" away from ATT. Unless they are willing to pay me, and not vice versa! Who still lets you customize?

Message 146 of 190 (2,767 Views)
Tutor

Re: new home page

I hate it too. I found my old one at www.my.yahoo.com.  Still works, so far.......

Message 147 of 190 (3,069 Views)
Contributor

Absolutely Agree! New Page is pure garbage, typical ATT crap!!!

I have tried for 2 days now to try to find out how to restore all my Bookmarks, which is main reason I go to the "old" ATT Home page...plus want to delete all the streaming video newscrap they now have, which does nothing more than increase the download bandwidth when I bring up my webpage....this is probably intentional on ATT's part - help push the User over the 5GB maximum ASAP, and bring in more bucks for them.

Does anybody, repeat ANYBODY, have a clue how to go about editing, modifying, deleting, etc these new features which have about as much use to me as the well-known mammary glands on wild male razorbacks.  HELP.

ray9640

Message 148 of 190 (2,950 Views)
Contributor

Re: New ATT homepage

How did you change back to your old page???  the att.my.yahoo.com??? I still have this in my Internet Explorer browser as my home page upon launching IE, but I notice it immediately changes to  the new att.yahoo.com URL...is getting it changed back something that needs to be done with Yahoo, as opposed to trying to find an actual human with ATT to explain how?

Please enlighten all of us suffering as you did on the new garbage page on how to restore the previous version...thanks,

ray9640

Message 149 of 190 (2,649 Views)
Highlighted

I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE THE NEW PAGE!!!

Message 150 of 190 (2,650 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.