Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Why this awful change - I hate it!  I want my customized homepage back!  This thing is awful - I'm going to have to find something else for sure!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

On your browser open tools open internet options where http//att.com is highlighted type http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=yfp-t-403 click use current,apply,OK. this is yahoo's address to our old home pages. ATT will not tell you this.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

This worked:  Go to yahoo,com.  I'm sorry I don't remember exactly what I did because I was frantically clicking anything that looked useful.  But yahoo.com is the site where you want to be.  With one click more, I was at my regular customized home page.  Next:  go to Tools, then Internet options.  With your home page in view and its ID showing in the title line, select the first option to "set home page"  With luck AT&T will lose so many advertisers for its disgraceful, inadequate "home page" that it will rethink its strategy.  With further luck, I will never have to see it again.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Totally agree!  I hate the white and I can't even find an option for music news headlines. Bad, bad choice. Change it back please!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you so much!  I FOUND IT at yahoo.com go to the left side of the page and click "my yahoo" and it goes to your customized home page.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

couldn't agree with you more!! I used to be able to choose content....not anymore! Now we have all this content that noboby gives a {word filter evasion}about. I want real news!!!!!! Shame on you....Time for a change AT&T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I couldn't agree more!  Why did AT&T wipe out all the features that I labored to customized?  I will never get it back the way I had it - it took months!  This is extremely uncaring.  And that Avatar for customer help can't understand a simple question!

My feeling is, if no one has an answer and I have to re-build my custom home page piece by piece, is that I might as well start fresh and make Google my home page.  There are less ads anyway.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Why on Earth would AT&T change the last homepage format? We loved being able to customize the content to suit our interests. The new format is not customizable and is awkward to use.  The news headlines may say 1/20, 2/20 etc... but there are many duplicate headlines so in reality there may be only 10 or so news flashes. I was able to go to Yahoo in the toolbar and select the old homepage and put it in my favorites. It never comes up on its own but I can click on it in favorites and get it but it has to be redone each time I want to go home. Please heed all of the complaints,  AT&T,  or you will lose customers.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Bravo Jensley-I really dislike this new homepage for similar reasons. Att has consistently gone downhill. I am very irritated by them so much so I am thinking to switch providers. I have had it and this is the last straw. Why did they do this without asking loyal and long term customers?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Me too! I am soon out of ATT! great way they treat long time and loyal customers!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.