New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

Mentor

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Message 2 of 190 (18,449 Views)
Teacher

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

oops, spoke too soon.  my icon to get onto internet takes me to the new page so I had to google to my yahoo again. This time I added it to favorites and now have to do  a d*** circus act to get to it.  hate you att

Message 61 of 190 (3,096 Views)
Tutor

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

Thanks a lot. It saved my daySmiley Happy

ATT should, has to!!!! allow users to make their choice for the looks and usabilty of their HOME PAGE.

Message 62 of 190 (2,901 Views)
Mentor

Re: HERE IS THE FIX

[ Edited ]

........thank you so much for the fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had just re-set my home page after the previous  "make-over" and I was frustrated.  Ken of the Angry.

Again, I'm sure all of us on this forum say thanks!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Message 63 of 190 (2,901 Views)

thank you....hated the new look.

Message 64 of 190 (2,894 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Dear ATT

The lack of customization makes me feel like one "OF" a million rather than one "IN" a million. I appreciate being able to make something my  own and you have taken that away from me. Now my page is just like everyone elses page and I have to ask - Who in your company convinced you that everyone likes to drive the same model car, same color, same options, etc?  Do yourself a favor and fire that person before they take you further down the road to destruction of  shareholder wealth.

I liked my old page, I had everything at my finger tips for a quick look at work when I had a free minute.  If I wanted to look at my portfolios, I could see them at a glance rather than take numerous clicks to look at only one at a time. It also allowed me to act faster if I wanted to make changes by buying or selling.  The ability to view customized news content made visiting the home page relevant to me, I do not care two cents about what Justin Bieber is doing or who got banned from a bar for two years, sensational headlines are meaningless and unfortunately, that is all your serving up to me now. 

I have been a long time customer, I have TV, home phone, cell and internet service with you. I have never taken a moment to write about anything until now.  Your are in a commodity business, you do not have a monopoly and while moving to another company is a pain, the fact that I am having to spend my time telling you this is not a good sign for a continuing relationship.  I hope you get it together and listen to what we want. 

Thanks -

Message 65 of 190 (2,887 Views)
Mentor

Sawkeats, use Tools, Internet Options, Home Page and key my yahoo into that, click Apply and close.  Mine is holding so far.

Message 66 of 190 (2,870 Views)
Tutor

Thanks a lot to you and ART333.
You saved my day.
ATT has to put this solution on the front of their new home page!!!
New customers will not mind and the people affected and complaining in this forum (like me) will feel that they are respected and not just stupid users.
Message 67 of 190 (2,867 Views)
Tutor

This new home page is the biggest mistake since New Coke and Pick B-Box's for those of you who are exTelco people .It takes several clicks per topic to get to what was on our Old Home Page in full view .

Do use all a favor ATT and Man UP and Get rid of this cumbersom Home Page and the person who talked you into it .

Message 68 of 190 (2,863 Views)
Coach

Re: How do I add custom RSS feeds to the new home page?

I called att and was told we a stuck with this new page and we can not get the old page back. So what they have done is shoved this down our throats wither we like it or not. I love everything too and can not get it back.
Message 69 of 190 (2,855 Views)
Mentor

Notmemaw, have you tried www.my.yahoo.com to get your original homepage back?  Does that work for you?

Message 70 of 190 (2,837 Views)
Contributor

Been increasingly disappointed with AT&T.  Modem problems, dealing with outsourced workers who cant do anything other than read from a teleprompter with ZERO human capacity, persistant dropped connections, annoying changes to the look of AT&T and their billing site that make me nauseous.  Now Im annoyed enough to go out of my way to create an account to post here and say how much I am further angered by this FORCED change of my homepage.  Obviously, I am not alone.   We customized our homepages to OUR (the CUSTOMER's) liking and AT&T flushes it all and forces some useless/generic template of mundane information for us to start off every internet experience with.    I am shopping for a new way ti access the internet........ thank goodness for competition.....

Message 71 of 190 (2,835 Views)
Contributor

http://webtrends.about.com/od/personalizedstartpages/ig/7-Best-Custom-Start-Pages/

Found this on the web for those that want to customize their start page

I really do not think AT&T will change new page or will allow us to use old page for very long I figured out yesterday how to reset home page back to old page but had to do it again this morning  of course  It appears that AT&T had 1  of The 7 Best Custom Start Pages

before they messed with things  now there are only 6 and when I checked igoogle I think it will no longer be avaliable in November

I highly doubt ranting will do any good so I am exploring options  instead

Message 72 of 190 (2,833 Views)
Contributor

Thanks! Have learned a new vocabulary with this "improvement."

Message 73 of 190 (2,817 Views)
Tutor

HATE the new homepage Thanks for the choice. Poor internet connections, no choice. Bye Bye AT+T

Message 74 of 190 (2,807 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Molecule,

I am in no way trying to make light of your anger, as I too, am angry over this (as others have termed it) fiasco. However, I couldn't help but laugh at your comparison to "New Coke." Not because it's not true, as it most certainly is a valid comparison, but because you've just outed your general age, lol. I too, remember the "New Coke" fiasco. I was at away camp, and read about it in the local newspaper. I remember well the general uproar over the new product, and the ATTEMPT to replace the "Old Coke/Coke Classic" as it's now known, and how it MASSIVELY FAILED.

Just like this move by AT&T is sure to fail. However, what stuns me, is the general lack of knowledge of the Customer Service Representatives regarding this move. It seems that outside of the Technical Service Department, NO ONE in AT&T claims to even be aware that the home page was messed with/changed.

So, once again, I SERIOUSLY SUGGEST that everyone CALL AT&T to complain about this issue, and continue to make them aware of this problem and the fact that you are seriously considering leaving AT&T if this is the continued direction that they plan to head in.

Someone made mention that this is what Facebook does. I wouldn't know, as I don't have (nor want) a Facebook account, but all I know about this new home page, is that with as generic as it is, and all the sensationalized news they're trying to shove down people's throats, it reminds me of the National Enquirer, and that kind of "news." I'm sorry, but I'm not a simpleton who cares about who made what alien baby, and who's divorcing whom, etc. That is not news. That is entertainment, and as entertainment is subjective, I want to be allowed to choose what I am entertained by, and it is certainly not what AT&T apparently considers "entertainment," nor is it my idea of "news," and AT&T needs to understand that we, as PAYING consumers, have a choice, and if they choose not to fix this problem that THEY have created, WE have the choice to go elsewhere.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. and we still have choices of where we take our business, and what content we want to view and learn more about.

Message 75 of 190 (2,809 Views)