Need help connecting your router?
Jimbofischer's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 4:41 PM

Need someone at AT&T with just a little bit of brains to help me get service.

We built our home almost 3 years ago in the country and every since then I have been trying to get internet only to get tickets submitted and nothing else done. At&T said  I cant get internet because they cant find my address in their system, yet both of my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T phones and uverse. A friend told me to order phone service so they would have my address on file. I have Directv so I didn't think his idea would work because they have my address for Directv but I tried his plan anyway and guess what? I cant even get a phone! My next plan was to out smart AT&T. I called AT&T and ordered fixed wireless using my neighbors address. The plan was to meet them there when they came to install it and say sorry I gave the wrong address come down here. Everything was going as planed. They told me that it was available at this address and we started the process. I had already picked my plan, had how much it would cost and even had my installation payments broken down to 3 payments of 33 dollars. My plan was working! Finally, I was getting something done, until the end of the conversation. As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but Im their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t work for AT&T but we are an AT&T customer. You’re going to have to go down to your local authorized AT&T store & let them know the outrageous problems you’ve had. We too live in the country & it took months to even get them to show up out here & longer than that to get our phone service right. The problem is they have outsourced their customer service to people in another country who do not understand English. This has been the worst experience. 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your response. Yes, I did that about 2 years ago  and all they did was submit a ticket to have an engineer come out and verify my address. Never saw an engineer and never heard anything back. I know engineers are not as good as they were back in my grandfathers days but you would at least think they could hire one that knows how to  verify my address and see that both neighbors on each side of me have service, so that means I can too. I don't know how they stay in business [Please keep it courteous]

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

This is something I just don't understand, why would AT&T care if there were multiple services at the same address? I'd think it would boost their revenue to get rid of this policy, especially in this age of kids moving back with their parents or the parents moving in with the kids.  As long as it's a legitimate account why should they care if it's at an address that already has service?  I live in an area not served by AT&T and they don't have any such silly policy. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Jimbofischer wrote:

As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but I'm their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. FUDGE ME! I guess my next plan will be to dig up the line in my front yard to get them out there. Anyone else have a better idea before I go to jail? Thanks.

Bottom line:  If there is already an active account at the address, you are out of luck.  Dig up as many yards as you want but there's only ONE account per address.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Please reread my original message. I only used my neighbors address to trick yall into coming to my house because AT&T says my address is not in their system.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

We built our home almost 3 years ago in the country and every since then I have been trying to get internet only to get tickets submitted and nothing else done. At&T said  I cant get internet because they cant find my address in their system, yet both of my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T phones and uverse. A friend told me to order phone service so they would have my address on file. I have Directv so I didn't think his idea would work because they have my address for Directv but I tried his plan anyway and guess what? I cant even get a phone! My next plan was to out smart AT&T. I called AT&T and ordered fixed wireless using my neighbors address. The plan was to meet them there when they came to install it and say sorry I gave the wrong address come down here. Everything was going as planed. They told me that it was available at this address and we started the process. I had already picked my plan, had how much it would cost and even had my installation payments broken down to 3 payments of 33 dollars. My plan was working! Finally, I was getting something done, until the end of the conversation. As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but Im their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. FUDGE ME! I guess my next plan will be to dig up the line in my front yard to get them out there. Anyone else have a better idea before I go to jail? Thanks.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I only use my neighbors address to trick At&t into coming to my house. please reread my original post a few times and you might understand what I was doing. please tell me you don't work for AT&T .  If you do work for them ,I{keep it courteous}

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I shouldn't have to do that. Both my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T everything and that means I can have it too if they would just send someone to my house.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Did you kick me off?

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Looks like you had  something edited and your reply to the edit was also removed.  Doesn't pay to argue with the MOD's Smiley Wink they're just doing their jobs. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.