Need help connecting your router?
Jimbofischer's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 4:41 PM

Need someone at AT&T with just a little bit of brains to help me get service.

We built our home almost 3 years ago in the country and every since then I have been trying to get internet only to get tickets submitted and nothing else done. At&T said  I cant get internet because they cant find my address in their system, yet both of my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T phones and uverse. A friend told me to order phone service so they would have my address on file. I have Directv so I didn't think his idea would work because they have my address for Directv but I tried his plan anyway and guess what? I cant even get a phone! My next plan was to out smart AT&T. I called AT&T and ordered fixed wireless using my neighbors address. The plan was to meet them there when they came to install it and say sorry I gave the wrong address come down here. Everything was going as planed. They told me that it was available at this address and we started the process. I had already picked my plan, had how much it would cost and even had my installation payments broken down to 3 payments of 33 dollars. My plan was working! Finally, I was getting something done, until the end of the conversation. As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but Im their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

I hope your arms heal as well as the bruises on your back. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. (Per the old saying) 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

BTW, skeet skeet ah that felt good. I never wanted to use smoke and mirrors.  I have tried to do it the right way many times but sometimes when you are dealing with incompetent people you have to steer them in the right direction, even if it is with smoke and mirrors. 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Oh Spoom,  I know it hurts to be wrong but can't you just be happy for me and all the others that I may of helped. The hurt you are feeling will fade with time my friend. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

I'm confused.  Is your internet service installed and up and running?

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

The line will be put in within the next two weeks. He said he didn't have the equipment to do it. He also said there is a line coming off that box to my neighbors house past me. It's pretty much a done deal. Yall said the tech would never come to my house because of checks and balances,  but he did come. He did confirm that it's available and Yall said it wasn't.  I think it's time Yall come to the winners side and join me because this is getting embarrassing for yall.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

I got no skin in this game but I do have an AT&T box right behind my house....so I'm good.  😆

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I also have a box about 1500 feet down the road and soon there will be a line from that box to my house and it's all because I out smarted AT&T. I don't understand why yall try and shoot me down when all I do is rise above it  every time. I've probably helped a lot of people all yall do is stay negative. Good luck with all that.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Jimbofischer Can't speak for the others, but I'm sure I'll get over it rather quickly.   You don't happen to live on Pennsylvania Ave. do you? Smiley Indifferent

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

@spoom2  As my dear Granny used to say, "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip".  😛

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.