Need help connecting your router?
Jimbofischer's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 4:41 PM

Need someone at AT&T with just a little bit of brains to help me get service.

We built our home almost 3 years ago in the country and every since then I have been trying to get internet only to get tickets submitted and nothing else done. At&T said  I cant get internet because they cant find my address in their system, yet both of my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T phones and uverse. A friend told me to order phone service so they would have my address on file. I have Directv so I didn't think his idea would work because they have my address for Directv but I tried his plan anyway and guess what? I cant even get a phone! My next plan was to out smart AT&T. I called AT&T and ordered fixed wireless using my neighbors address. The plan was to meet them there when they came to install it and say sorry I gave the wrong address come down here. Everything was going as planed. They told me that it was available at this address and we started the process. I had already picked my plan, had how much it would cost and even had my installation payments broken down to 3 payments of 33 dollars. My plan was working! Finally, I was getting something done, until the end of the conversation. As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but Im their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Hey Xzeee what do you do for a living 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

In your expert mind what do you think is going to happen 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

I'll tell you what I think is going to happen...or NOT happen.  I don't think you're going to pull the wool over AT&T's eyes like you think you are. 

There are all kinds of checks and balances and it's not just a case of some tech driving up to the wrong address and walking over and deciding to install at a different address.

But hey, you do what you gotta do and keep us posted.

williewonka.jpg

P.S.  I'm not an office worker.  I'm in my house in my jammies and fuzzy slippers.  Smiley Very Happy

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

So tell me, how will he know he has the right address? 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

When Directv came out they had to call me so I could tell them how to get to my house. When he got here he never said : are you sure this is the right address.  Nope, he just started hooking stuff up. Lol

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@skeeterintexas you gave away the ending (even if it was obvious).  But he won't believe you anyhow.   Let him find out for himself.  He's going to do it anyhow.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_ wrote:

@skeeterintexas you gave away the ending (even if it was obvious).  But he won't believe you anyhow.   Let him find out for himself.  He's going to do it anyhow.

Does that mean I'm psycho psychic?

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I would love to hear what you think is going to happen.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I forgot to mention another part of my plan. I cancelled my Directv last week and reordered.  The tech is here now installing new boxes. I asked him was it hard to find my house.  He said yes , the only way he knew where it was is because he grew up down here. I told him my plan and asked him if it would work. He said when the tech comes to hook up fixed wireless he will probably call me for directions because it's hard to find and will most likely follow my directions to my house . He said there are no numbers anywhere and won't know the address.  I asked,  so when he hooks it up it will get a signal . He said yes. Then he said what I said. Wait about a month , call AT&T and tell them you think they might have put the wrong address in the system and give them mine. Problem solved. I will keep you office workers updated. I'm a freaking genius!  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

Donald, is that you?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.