Need help connecting your router?
Jimbofischer's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 4:41 PM

Need someone at AT&T with just a little bit of brains to help me get service.

We built our home almost 3 years ago in the country and every since then I have been trying to get internet only to get tickets submitted and nothing else done. At&T said  I cant get internet because they cant find my address in their system, yet both of my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T phones and uverse. A friend told me to order phone service so they would have my address on file. I have Directv so I didn't think his idea would work because they have my address for Directv but I tried his plan anyway and guess what? I cant even get a phone! My next plan was to out smart AT&T. I called AT&T and ordered fixed wireless using my neighbors address. The plan was to meet them there when they came to install it and say sorry I gave the wrong address come down here. Everything was going as planed. They told me that it was available at this address and we started the process. I had already picked my plan, had how much it would cost and even had my installation payments broken down to 3 payments of 33 dollars. My plan was working! Finally, I was getting something done, until the end of the conversation. As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but Im their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not trying to belittle people,  it just blows my mind that people can't read and understand what is being said before they try to "help"

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

its in my signature at the bottom of every post

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

There is an abandoned house on my road with no mailbox or numbers on the house. I found the address and checked availability for AT&T fixed wireless. It said it's available. So you're telling me if I use that address ,the tech comes out and calls me for directions to my house he wouldn't be able to hook it up?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

exactly it can only be installed at the address on the order,

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I understand that but how will he know the address? There are no numbers on my house and GPS doesn't work. I'm thinking he will call me because he won't be able to find my house and I will direct him how to get there. I doubt he will even know he is at the wrong address. Once it is hooked up and a signal is connected an address won't affect any of that from happening. After it is hooked up and running I can call back tell them that its working and the wrong address was used . Then give them the real address so I will be in their system

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@my thoughts  care to explain how it works i dont have the energy

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

Oh what a tangled web, you know the rest. 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I will update when I do it. Yall might be right but I have to try

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

1st step of plan has been activated . I just ordered AT&T fixed wireless using the abandoned house with trees growing through it address . They will be out here on the 28th between 11:00 and 5:00. When he can't find the house because it basically doesn't exist anymore,  I will direct him to my house where he will get out of his truck,  not ask me about my address and hook his tester up to see if he can get a signal. Once he gets a signal he will hook the box to the house and connect it. After a few days go by I will call and correct the address . I will keep you office workers up to date when it's done.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I look forward to further chapters of your "adventure" here.  This is one of the more amusing threads I've read on these forums.  Each post is like a chapter in a book.  It's unfortunate though everyone but you knows how this book is going to end.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.