For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
Jimbofischer's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 4:41 PM

Need someone at AT&T with just a little bit of brains to help me get service.

We built our home almost 3 years ago in the country and every since then I have been trying to get internet only to get tickets submitted and nothing else done. At&T said  I cant get internet because they cant find my address in their system, yet both of my neighbors on each side of me on the same side of the road have AT&T phones and uverse. A friend told me to order phone service so they would have my address on file. I have Directv so I didn't think his idea would work because they have my address for Directv but I tried his plan anyway and guess what? I cant even get a phone! My next plan was to out smart AT&T. I called AT&T and ordered fixed wireless using my neighbors address. The plan was to meet them there when they came to install it and say sorry I gave the wrong address come down here. Everything was going as planed. They told me that it was available at this address and we started the process. I had already picked my plan, had how much it would cost and even had my installation payments broken down to 3 payments of 33 dollars. My plan was working! Finally, I was getting something done, until the end of the conversation. As he was about done he said: It shows you already have internet at this address. I said , yes my landlord does but Im their roommate and I want my own internet. He said that they cant do that. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

What can I say, truth hurts.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Jimbofischer  So when you said that your landlord already had internet at that address, that was just BS?

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I used my neighbor address and acted like I live with them just to get
AT&T out there

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Jimbofischer "What can I say, truth hurts"  It's also important when seeking help from fellow customers

So this has nothing at all to do with two accounts at one address.  While I read your  original post I didn't see or was I looking for deception. They may be telling you no service because they don't have the bandwidth, nodes, facilities or whatever in the area to give you service. At any rate, now that you've admitted to lying and we're customers just like you, you're not deceiving AT&T, but rather you're deceiving those who are trying to help.  Done here. 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Both neighbors on both sides of me have AT&T. I was only trying to trick AT&T to get them to my house. [Please keep it courteous]

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

so you gave them the wrong address  well they wouldnt have installed anything in your home due to the fact it must be installed to the address on the order, even if you tell the installer oops i gave the wrong address he still wouldnt install it at your house as the order would need to be re written for your address to which the installer has no ability to write an order. i can only point you to calling and asking for address validation but im assuming you have done that after 3 years. As was mentioned before there are a limited amount of connections at the box and once they are use up there is no room for more customers,

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

That's an easy fix. I would just take the numbers off the mailbox and he wouldn't know the address.  You see, I live in the country,  there are only 4 houses on my road. We all own large piece's of property and gps doesn't even know our address. So once he came down , I would get him and he would hook it up. I'm going to get it done wait and see.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Also if yall knew how to read you would see that when I gave them my neighbors address they said it was available so that means it's available lol that means there is room for at least one more person. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

That's an easy fix. I would just take the numbers off the mailbox and he wouldn't know the address

It just doesnt work that way

Also if yall knew how to read you would see that when I gave them my neighbors address they said it was available so that means it's available lol that means there is room for at least one more person

Belittling  those that are trying to assist you  will get you nowhere in this community forum at&t is not here and will not see your posts we are all just customers same as you we have given the only avenues that we know of to point you in the right direction and even some alternatives, yet you attack those that try to assist. Ive said all im willing to say and will move on and unsubscribe to this post.

Good Luck

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Why does it say you are an employee? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.