Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Need internet installation appointment

Contributor

Need internet installation appointment

Simple move existing home internet service to new location. ATT tech available and dispatched however was unable to complete the order because the ATT sales can not schedule the correct installation date. System glitch prevented scheduling within a week. The technician was available, new location is for home service in an established apartment building. Bottom line is why do I have to wait a month before getting ATT internet installed?

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Need internet installation appointment

The most common issue moving is the past tenant or home owner still has existing service at the address. Can only have one account per address, until the service is moved or canceled your service could not be installed.

BTW, this is also true of your old address, someone moving in could not have service installed until your service is moved or canceled.

The above may not be your issue, but it is a common issue when moving to an address that previously had service.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Need internet installation appointment

Previous address disconnected May 15th; previous tenant discontinued services as of May 10th. ATT supervisors, escalation team and technicians unable to explain why the delay in scheduling exits. Several ATT reps claim a “glitch” in the system preventing correct installation date to display thus preventing successful order completion.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support