Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Moved Router

Contributor

Moved Router

I moved my AT&T router to another room. I ran a longer cat 5 cable from the wall where the service enters the house. To a wall connection in my living room. From there I powered up the router and plugged to original cat 5 from the wall location  to the ONT Broadband port. Now I have a green light for power and wifi, but to blinking red lights for broadband 1 and 2. Am I not able to add a longer cat 5 from the service connection at the wall? 

Message 1 of 6
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Employee (Employee)
Accepted by Constructive
‎05-13-2019 11:20 AM

Re: Moved Router

The ONT port is for direct fiber connection from ONT.

If you have Uverse ADSL2+ or VDSL service the wall connection should be to the GREEN DSL port not the RED port.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

The service works when the wire provided is plugged into the red ont port. It's when I used my own cat 5 line (100 ft) to move the modem to another room that I had troubles. I've contacted AT&T and schedule a technician to move the service. I hate paying for something that I could probably do myself.

Message 3 of 6
Employee

i think you may be mistaken as @my thoughts says the red broadband is for direct fiber connection wouldnt hurt to plug it into the green port to see if it works if it does you can cancel the service call

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

There shouldn't be any ambiguity here.  The green broadband port is RJ11.  The red ONT port for fiber is RJ45.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. If you find this post helpful in solving your problem then feel free to kudo it. If it is also the solution then consider clicking "Accept as Solution".
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

You were correct. Thank you for your help.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support