Need help connecting your router?
MHubbard85's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2019 3:35 PM

After moving my router, I have blinking red lights for broadband 1 and 2

I moved my AT&T router to another room. I ran a longer cat 5 cable from the wall where the service enters the house. To a wall connection in my living room. From there I powered up the router and plugged to original cat 5 from the wall location  to the ONT Broadband port. Now I have a green light for power and wifi, but to blinking red lights for broadband 1 and 2. Am I not able to add a longer cat 5 from the service connection at the wall? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The service works when the wire provided is plugged into the red ont port. It's when I used my own cat 5 line (100 ft) to move the modem to another room that I had troubles. I've contacted AT&T and schedule a technician to move the service. I hate paying for something that I could probably do myself.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

i think you may be mistaken as @my thoughts says the red broadband is for direct fiber connection wouldnt hurt to plug it into the green port to see if it works if it does you can cancel the service call

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

There shouldn't be any ambiguity here.  The green broadband port is RJ11.  The red ONT port for fiber is RJ45.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

You were correct. Thank you for your help.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.