Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Move internet & TV to new home.

Contributor

Move internet & TV to new home.

Does it really take 4 hours to relocate my internet & TV to my new home?  I brought my equipment with me.  That's what they told me to do. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Move internet & TV to new home.

The following may be after the fact in your case but just in case below are the att references on the topic of moving.

Moving? Get AT&T Service at Your New Address

Moving Existing Service

Also check Availability to see what's possible at your new address.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎09-04-2018 2:39 PM

Re: Move internet & TV to new home.

As the company is not sure of everything that may be needed to be done, a general timeline is used.

How long did your original install take? Wiring at crossbox, if bonded need to good pairs, the drop wire to residence, work on side of residence, inside wiring, replacement or updating equipment.

If moving into an apartment that has Uverse from previous tenant may take considerable less than 4 hours while a single family home that was using cable by previous owner with nothing ATT in 20 years could take longer perhaps 5 to 7 hours..

The 4 hour is an expected time. If have a 9-11 window for tech to arrive in, arriving at 10:45 means no plans to be somewhere at 2 pm. Similar a 1-3 window with tech running behind showing up at 3:30 means your their last job of the day. Tech done in 3.5 hours, drive back to garage and clean truck is pushing a 12 hour workday having started at 8 am.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support