Need help connecting your router?
hiortintexas's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 3:40 PM

MacBook slowing down my internet connection.

I have had sluggish internet speeds since my UVerse install on Tuesday this week and after troubleshooting, I have now come down to the fact that every time I connect my MacBookPro to my network (wired as well as wireless) the connection speeds on all other devices (iPad, PC and MacBookWhite) are slowing down from 16+Mb and 33ms ping to 1.5Mb and 300-600ms ping..

I have been able to reproduce this using speedtest.net and I can cleary see that as soon as I unplug the MacBookPro from the ethernet cable or disconnect wifi, the speedtest performence will improve dramatically.

Has anyone seen this ???

Christer

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

No, I've not seen this.  I have 2 MacBook Pro noteboos, several iPhones (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5), iPod Touch, and iPad devices all on my home network, as well as an Android tablet, a several ThinkPad notebooks, and a couple of NAS storage devices.  I still get 11.8+ Mbps downloads, and 1.45+ Mbps uploads on my UVerse network connection.

Is it possible that you have a bad [static] IP Address configured on your Mac? If you do, you could be causing routing issues on your home network, especially if you are having a collision with your router itself...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I went to the Apple Store for a Genius ape that appointment. The installed a new internet "location" and that solved the issue. One of my old internet profiles must have had something in there that conflicted as you suggested.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.