Helpful Links

Is my line good enough to go 6Mb?

ACE - Guru

Is my line good enough to go 6Mb?

I had Uverse U200 plus 3mb internet installed last week.

The tech said that I was a few thousand feet from the node and that the capacity reading was about 55%.

He said that this was not great but should be OK. He also mentioned that there was some other gadget from AT&T that could be installed if required to improve performance if there were problems.

So far standard definition tv has been fine, I have not yet signed up for HD.

My TV is a web enabled one and I would like to start subscribing to the various online movie sites and get some HD content. The suggestion is that one should have at least a 6mb line to do this.

The AT&T free Uverse speed test reports

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2875 kbps (359.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 263 kbps (32.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 102 ms
Monday, November 29, 2010 7:50:30 PM

How would I find out if the above line/speed statistics are good enough to support moving up to 6mb?

Doesnt the latency seem very high?

Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Is my line good enough to go 6Mb?

Please download U-Verse Realtime, install it, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots here in the forum, you will need to upload them to a photo sharing site, like Picasa, Google, Photobucket, ImageShack, etc.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Guru

I downloaded Realtime and here are the results. There is no date for the Coax/Hpna tab.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Expert

Yes, 6Mbps Internet should work fine.

I don't see anything wrong with your installation other than you are quite far away from the VRAD.  The only thing that does is limits TV viewing (maximum of 2 simultaneous HD streams), and limits the maximum Internet speed you can get to 12 Mbps.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support