Need help connecting your router?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2016 6:34 PM

Internet FAQs

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

3 Attachments

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Get your holidays started right with some useful information for your internet service above.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

We have both a samsung phone and tablet that were using uverse to hook to the internet. One day it was fine, the next  dayseveral of the apps get hung up and freeze or lost part of their functionality. An example would be facebook. We can hook up to it, but search function is lost. I don't even get the little search icon up anymore. The ads side just spins endlessly (ok so I don't miss that so much.) Several game apps get to a "check for updates" screen and never get passed it. Both devices work perfectly when using data plan or other internet hook ups. I ran through the trouble shooting suggestions on the ATT site and still have the problem. What could have happened to my Uverse over night to cause this to happen?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Some of my apps (Pandora, Pokémon go, and Tumblr) are not loading on my Samsung Galaxy S7 when I am on my home wifi. Other apps and roku work just fine. I can load those apps when not on wifi. I tried airplane mode, WiFi on, and it didn't work. I've cleared the cache on these apps, restarted my router, my phone, etc. Nothing works. When I load the app on data and turn it to my home wifi, the apps work for a little bit (few minutes to an hour).
I really don't know what else to do. I'm not very tech savvy either. This has been going on for a few days.

Also, sometimes my phone won't connect to my home WiFi. I'll click connect, input password and it says it's wrong, when I know for a fact it isn't. After trying for like 30 mins it will connect out of the blue. I'm at my wits end.

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Bucky007,

Make sure you have the latest iOS on the device. Also, reinstalling the apps may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have done these. I went to the game's help blog and discovered quite a few others with Uverse having the same problem. It works using data on the cell or other wifis.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @whatsherface,

We're sorry about the inconvenience with your connection. Check out this thread on Troubleshoot your Router and Wi-Fi and try going through some of the tips on connection to resolve this issue. Depending on the whether its a flashing red or solid red light, you might want to either Restart or Factory Reset your device. You can go to this thread that goes over How to Restart and Factory Reset your Gateway. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello,

We're sorry about the inconvenience with your connection. Check out this thread on Troubleshoot your Router and Wi-Fi and try going through some of the tips on connection to resolve this issue. Depending on the whether its a flashing red or solid red light, you might want to either Restart or Factory Reset your device. You can go to this thread that goes over How to Restart and Factory Reset your Gateway.

Thank you,
ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

My laptop and ps4 connect to the internet fine. I only have issue on our samsung devices using the wifi. I did go through the trouble shooting help on the ATT page. Discovered all kinds of wonderful information about my router, tried resetting his router/modem/thinger and it didn't help. I've reset my devices, I've reinstalled the apps. I don't want to press my luck and lose what connection I do have to the internet.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

7 years ago

I have two Samsung phones and a Samsung BluRay player that all communicate through my AT&T Gateway to the Internet.  Triple check the Wireless Security settings, perhaps even change the passphrase on the gateway (especially if it has funny characters) then try to connect from your devices again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

It was suggested that turning off the IPv6 would fix the problem and it did. I have no idea what IPv6 is or if I need it, but when it is off, the game works. Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.