Need help connecting your router?
Texas713's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 29th, 2017 1:18 AM

Installation Order Cancelled Without Notice

I scheduled my uverse internet installation a month in advance and received an order number, account number and the date and time of installation.  That day *was* supposed to be tomorrow.  When I checked online with chat support, I was told that my installation was cancelled "for technical reasons."  What's the point of scheduling a month in advance if it can be cancelled without any prior notice to me (email or phone call)?  This is frustrating and when I contacted support, I was told that the next available appointment wouldn't be available until 23 days from now.  

This is for a second location as I already have u-verse and liked it until now.  I don't know what to do other than go with a competitor for both locations.  Any way to resolve before I make the jump?

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Texas713

We are sorry to see trouble with installation and will be glad to help see if we can correct the issue. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

Once we have your account details be looking for an email to the email associated with your forum ID or a call at a provided contact number.

-ATTCustomerCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

The same thing happened to me. I ordered internet and phone service almost one month is advanced. AT&T canceled my scheduled service for installation without notifying me. Now they tell me they can't get another technician out for two weeks. I work from home and internet is crucial for me which is why I went to great lengths to arrange for the service well in advance. I am extremely disappointed in AT&T's service.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.