For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
Strolls's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 16th, 2012 8:30 PM

Installation Issues

I ordered uverse internet (no tv) and had the install guy come over. The phone works but I can't get the uverse signal. The techie said he sees what the problem is and it can be fixed in a few minutes, but he can't do it or he'll get in trouble from at&t. Basically they want to charge me 150 bucks to do a couple minute job. The techie said anyone that knows a bit about the hardware could do it. I'm pretty new with this but if someone could tell me what to do, I'd like to try it on my own and would appreciate it very much. The box is for a duplex. And to preempt the snide remarks, I know it's a mess, but the only people that have touched it are techies from phone/internet companies. Here are pictures of my phone box attached to the side of my house. TYIA!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

12 years ago

OK. What you have there looks like a phone service box with an old six-pair service. The lines going to various places around the house are all willy nilly, but mostly connected to pair 2.  Some appear to be connected to pair 3. It sounds like AT&T is calling this your outside "network interface" box but it is not what is installed these days for a network interface box. What they seem to be saying is that they brought the signal to this point and any farther is up to you. I assume this is a "dry loop" and you don't have a landline phone. If you do you should not have this problem.

Someone who knows what they are doing needs to:

1. Identify which pair on the service box (the box with the bolts) has your signal and

2. cable takes the signal to the room where you want your RG and

3. Connect #2 to #1.

That's the 5 minute job. But don't worry. They aren't really charging you $1800/hour. They are only charging you $2 to connect the wires and $148 for knowing which ones to connect. I hope this makes you feel better. Smiley Mad

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will solve your problem, let us know what happens. Good luck. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your response. It's taken care of.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.