I was told I would be able to connect to internet any where I take my lap top. I cannot. How do I make the connection away from home?

Contributor

I was told I would be able to connect to internet any where I take my lap top. I cannot. How do I make the connection away from home?

How do I connect to the internet away from home with my new U-verse? I was assured I would be able to connect anywhere I take my lap top and I cannot figure out how to do this.

Message 1 of 4 (946 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: I was told I would be able to connect to internet any where I take my lap top. I cannot. How do I make the connection away from home?

AT&T U-verse HSI entitles you to use AT&T network of WiFi hot spots in many places of business, including hotels, restaurants and coffee shops. 

Visit this link to find some near you:  AT&T Wi-Fi Locator – Find AT&T Wifi Locations from AT&T

Here is a link to the Wi Fi service:  AT&T Wi-Fi

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (946 Views)
Contributor

Re: I was told I would be able to connect to internet any where I take my lap top. I cannot. How do I make the connection away from home?

I was able to link with my other service if I wanted to go to a coffee shop, etc. this was addressed with the rep for U-verse as I don't want to go to a coffee shop when I want to connect. He assured me I could connect when I go to my work (work internet has everything blocked so don't want to connect to that). I was told that I would be able to.

Message 3 of 4 (946 Views)
ACE - Master

Only if where your work is close enough to receive a wireless signal from an AT&T Hot Spot will you be able to.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (946 Views)