Need help connecting your router?
markrfuchs's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2013 7:16 PM

I tried to watch a Netfix movie, but it keep stopping to load every few minutes! Is this because there isn't enough bandwith in U-verse?

I tried to watch a Netfix movie, but it keep stopping to load every few minutes! Is this because there isn't enough bandwith in U-verse?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@Prof Z wrote:

Here's what I have been getting all day today - ran it several times:

Last Result: Download Speed: 622 kbps (77.8 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 1934 kbps (241.8 KB/sec transfer rate) Latency: 40 ms Jitter: 1 ms Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:21:40 PM

Great, huh? I'm paying for 18mbps and not even getting 1mbps.

Great!  Too bad you have no way to tell if this is a wireless problem or a line problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This has not been solved. All that thread told me is that lots of other people are having the same issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@Nonnanix wrote:
This has not been solved. All that thread told me is that lots of other people are having the same issue.

What has not been solved?  What is your problem?  

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Nonnanix wrote:

I've been watching Netflix all evening and not seen any issues.  I use Netflix "1 hour episodes" of TV shows as my laundry timer, as it generally takes the same amount of time to wash or dry a load of laundry as it takes to watch the 43-48 minutes of content in a "1 hour" TV episode on Netflix.  I've been watching these in HD on my MacBook Pro and not had any quality or performance issues.  Maybe I'm just lucky, or something, but I don't seem to see the slowdowns that you are seeing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It also happens when I try to watch movies on the Att website

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It also happens with ATT movies

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is exactly what happens "dropped connection" message when I try to watch Netflix.... I used the help forum and did exactly as I was told. I received the ok, I did it correctly, but the same thing happens and Netflix freezes only to buffer again. When I was in the AT&T store last week, I told the salesman and he looked up my account and said with my Uverse wifi speed I should not have this problem. He recommended I use the forum to try the self-help features. This is getting very frustrating because I still can't watch Netflix w/o the freezing/buffering.

Also, if you check my account, I have filled out surveys on my slow Internet access as well. There are so many times my internet connection drops or my browser will freeze or timeout. This has been going on for over a year or two and Its always been a complaint. To compound this with the Netflix failure makes me a very dissatisfied customer.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.