Need help connecting your router?
ZAA2's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 5:03 AM

Closed

How to setup IP Forwarding for an IP Camera ? .. Help !!

I have been trying to setup an IP camera (EasyN FS-613A-M136), my router is 2wire 3800HGV-B with dynamic IP address (DHCP). I have completed the following steps:

1. Connected my camera with a wire, then removed a wire and connected by WiFI.

2. I am able to see the camera (login into the web server)  and change the settings with local IP address 192.168.1.X

3. The camera is assigned to port 85

4. Opened all ports and applications to the IP camera. The router assigned my camera a public IP address (same as router's currently assign dynamic IP address).

5. I am able to login into the camera from PC within the home network using the (mypublicIP address):85

6. I confirmed the public IP address using whatismyip.com web site and I tested that port 85 is open from http://www.yougetsignal.com web site.

7. My only problem is that I cannot access (mypublic IP address):85 from the internet outside my home network.  

Somehow either  the router is not forwarding the outside access to the camera when it gets the we access request( tried IE and Chrome) or when the camera is responding it is not responding back to the IP address where I am trying to access it. Other routers usually have explicit IP address forwarding fields, this one does not , just allows opening  the ports.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for the help. Teh cameras do not require port 80, however it seems that the external network that I was using to test the access was only allowing access to port 80. With the same setup as before I am able to access cameras on ports other than 80. The limittaion was from the network I was accessing from. So, propblem resolved, things just work fine with a simple openng a port in the firewall.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Click here for instructions on how to do what you want with a 2Wire router.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you, I have done this but it does not work. I found out by accident that it only works for port 80. I can open any port number for any device, that works fine and I checked it with yougetsignal.com . However the camera can only respond and give me the login screen if and only if it is assigned to port 80 (and port 80 is  forwarded). I have more than one camera and port 80 will only enable me to connect to only one camera externally, because the router will allow only one  unique port number per device which is supposed to do.  

I think there might be  a bug in the router, because port 80 is the only that enables web access somehow (TCP) to the camera.

Thsis the case  for  both cameras (EasyN and Foscam). 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

12 years ago

Did you leave the "Map to Host Port" at the default as in the directions?  If so, that's a problem.

If your cameras all want to talk on port 80, then what you need to do is pick an arbitrary port other than 80 for each camera and put that in as the Port, but put 80 in the "Map to Host Port" field. 

Then use the arbitrary port from outside your 2WIRE, and the 2WIRE will translate it to port 80 for your camera.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi I had my Ip camera working fine than att came and changed my router to 2 wire now I can't view my camera from outside my home and going out of town I am so upset I set it up wireless but I can figure out the public view in the dds in my router I have done the port forwarding and still can view my camera PLS HELP ME I have called the tech department and they can't help me 😞

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

You may want to bring your security cameras into one software application and then publish that application to the web through web publishing.  It may be simpler that way.  You can do it with software like Indusoft SCADA control and monitoring software that allows you to show web cameras through it.  It also has advanced features like can show you the status of your doors and windows and can send you email alerts to check your camera feed if motion is detected in your home.  I can help you with what you'd need if you need anything like that.

-Maria L

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have the same issue with using IP camera, but it was assigned port 81 as 80 was already in use. The issue with the NVG599 modem is that it times out after 1-2 minutes and drops the feed from the camera. If i disconnect the camera from the port for a while, then plug it back in it seems to reboot the camera and connects again (for a very short duration).

Is there a work around or is IP Passthrough required and can it be assigned specifically for the camera IP address only? what are the ups and downs of IP Passthrough, i.e., is it recommeded or not?

I am ready to give up on this and cut my loses... although expensive.

Just found a link that by adding a modem behind the at&t modem and use the Bridge mode for that second modem may be a fix. I'm not understanding why I would need a second modem to do the work that the NVG599 should do in the first place.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

I would like to add that the firewall has been configured with the ports needed and I just checked and they have all been deleted. this is something I did not do. They were thre this morning. Will a reboot remove the ports?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.