For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
Rotro123's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, January 14th, 2018 8:02 PM

Hard wired internet

I live in a fairly rural area and have not lived here a year yet.  AT&T is providing me internet currently via the Rural Home Phone and Internet plan.  I am thankful for that even though it's somewhat slow.  However, I have an underground AT&T line right next to my property in two separate locations, both having an AT&T marker pole with an identifying number.

I also had a project removing a tree in the yard so that the Dig-Right people came to mark the area.  One underground line they marked straight to my house was power, and the other AT&T.

How in the world do I find out details about this connection?  Simply calling AT&T and talking to customer service and the general technicians is of no help.  They gave me a phone number to a local store who has no idea why I'd be calling them about this.  I somehow need the local technical service area contact information who would have the maps of their lines yet I do not know how to find it.

Thanks for any help.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

6 years ago

Have you tried calling 811? Or visit http://www.call811.com/ to see if this is the resolution you're looking for. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you and yes that is who we called.  That's how I know AT&T has an underground line straight to my house branched off the underground line they have running along the road.

Perhaps it's only a phone line incapable of DSL or anything else.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Well that answers my question thank you.  I know I am further than 2 miles.  The AT&T line comes down the hillside through a leased cleared out path along with power and whatever else runs across those towers.  Once at the bottom, AT&T goes underground.

Thank you both for the information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.