Need help connecting your router?
BigDoGG50's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 9:54 PM

First day with DSL U-Verse and I got this message this morning PLEASE HELP

WARNING:
Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902)
The Motorola NVG510 device has detected potential problems with your DSL connection which may impact your service. This problem is often caused by a phone or other device which is connected to your phone line (such as a fax machine, satellite receiver, alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.
Please check that all telephone equipment is attached to a DSL filter and that all filters are properly installed (e.g., are not installed backwards).
Click the “Do not show” button to permanently disable this warning in the future.
Click on the “Continue” button to notify you in the future if this situation persists

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@BigDoGG50 wrote:

WARNING:
Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902)
The Motorola NVG510 device has detected potential problems with your DSL connection which may impact your service. This problem is often caused by a phone or other device which is connected to your phone line (such as a fax machine, satellite receiver, alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.
Please check that all telephone equipment is attached to a DSL filter and that all filters are properly installed (e.g., are not installed backwards).
Click the “Do not show” button to permanently disable this warning in the future.
Click on the “Continue” button to notify you in the future if this situation persists

Just click Do Not Show and it will not come up again. This message will pop up everytime there is a glitch in the DSL signal.

On the other hand, since this is a new install, you should probably click the Continue button to determine if this is a one-time problem or an ongoing issue.

If you get this message often then it could be an indication of a faulty install.

Did you have AT&T install your service, or did you choose the self-install?

Did you also get Uverse Voice with your Uverse Internet package?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

its working fine now that l clicked " Do Not Show"

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@BigDoGG50 wrote:

its working fine now that l clicked " Do Not Show"

Ok, be sure to stop back if you have any other issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

We have been having this same issue except it's been happening more and more lately, I'm honestly not sure if we installed it ourselves but the past week it's happened almost every day. Think it could be a faulty install? Or do we actually need a Dsl filter on the line? There doesn't seem to be one, just the line from the wall going into the Dsl slot of the router

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Marybethmarek wrote:
We have been having this same issue except it's been happening more and more lately, I'm honestly not sure if we installed it ourselves but the past week it's happened almost every day. Think it could be a faulty install? Or do we actually need a Dsl filter on the line? There doesn't seem to be one, just the line from the wall going into the Dsl slot of the router

Hi Marybeth. Let's see if we can get you straightened out.

Do you also have the Motorola NVG510, if not what model modem/router do you have? How long have you had your service?

If you received the modem/router in the mail then it was a self-install and you should have gotten 3 or 4 filters with it (if that's not enough, you can order more). You'll want those filters on everything plugged into a phone jack, including satellite TV receivers, fax machines, caller ID boxes, stand-alone answering machines, etc. There should be at least one filter that has two ports on it, one for DSL and one for phone. Use that filter on your modem/router utilizing the DSL port for your modem. All other devices should be utilizing the phone ports on the filters.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.