Contant page not found errors

Tutor

Contant page not found errors

[ Edited ]

this problem only started shortly after my uverse installation was complete.

my browser is firefox, i have an NVG510 modem, i do not notice any light changes on the modem, no resets or red lights, I do not lose connection to other programs running that require internet connection.

tried to release and renew ip address in cmd, also tried to flushdns, but the page not found error still shows up at random and usually require closing the browser and restarting it, sometimes it requires doing this multiple times.

Message 1 of 5 (1,584 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author seluryar
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Contant page no found errors

seluryar - One thing you can try is change the DNS server in your computers network preferences to google - 8.8.8.8.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,583 Views)
Tutor

do you mean in the local area connection properties?

which one do i change? ipv4 or ipv6?

Message 3 of 5 (1,580 Views)
ACE - Expert

On mac it is preferences, internet & wireless, network - label is DNS server. I believe it is similar on PC. I believe ipv4 & 6 is a whole different layer.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (1,576 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

This seems to have solved my problem, tried this on the day you posted this and I have not had any page not found errors since, thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (1,546 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.