Need help connecting your router?
Nbrans08's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 1:08 AM

Can't connect to uverse wifi on my Vista Laptop

I am not able to connect to the internet on my uverse wireless network. This problem only exists on my Laptop running Vista. We had ATT internet prior to Uverse and I had no problem connecting. I can find the wireless network and connect, but the Access is local only, and it seems that it's having trouble Identifying the network. I am not able to browse, and the problem has existed since day one with Uverse. No one from Tech Support has been able to help, and said it's a problem with my laptop, but I can connect to other wireless networks with no problem. Please help!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for all your help, I am now able to use my wireless. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried this fix and I am concerned because it than creates an unsecured network when I did this. Is this advisable?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@RML1967 wrote:

I tried this fix and I am concerned because it than creates an unsecured network when I did this. Is this advisable?

No get WPA2-PSK(AES) enabled right now on the wireless page on the Uverse RG.  Hackers go around wardriving looking for unsecured wireless systems. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Similar thing happened to me:  Tech installed new gateway (Arris (?) 5268AC, everything seemed fine but after he left and I tried to connect my laptops, even though I typed the password correctly, it couldn't connect to the internet.  Called my tech (he left his cellphone), and after some discussion he advised me to go the IP address for the router, and change the Channel Number.  For the 2.4G he put it on  channel 4, advised me to change to channel 7, and then I had to Save and enter Device Access Code (on side of gateway). All my laptops then connected w/o a problem.  The tech couldn't really explain it except that some channels worked better than others (he usually uses 4 and 7 but says that varies by area)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.